Pronoun Case - Exercise 5
Directions: Choose the correct pronoun, who or whom, for each sentence below. Then, in the text box below each sentence, write the function of the pronoun you chose:
subject / subjective complement / direct object / indirect object or object of preposition.
When you have completed the exercise, click on "Check My Answers" and check your answers with those on the answer key.
1. I don't know (
wrote that newspaper article.
2. Julia is the name of the woman (
3. To (
does the sweater belong?
4. The winner of the consolation prize is (
is in charge here?
6. You gave (
7. We don't yet know against (
we will be playing next Saturday.
8. Here comes the person with (
I am in love.
9. The agent talked to the buyer (
put in a bid on the house.
10. I can't remember (
I saw at the party last night.