Choose the correct word in each sentence below.
When you have finished, click on the "Check My Answers" button to view
1. I did not mean to (imply
infer) to you that I don't trust
2. From the look on your face, we are (implying
inferring) that you don't
3. Jim (implied
inferred) that the work would
be difficult when he explained it to us.
4. Does your silence (imply
infer) that you agree?
5. Imogene's reaction was to (imply
infer) that Bill wanted her
to get started right away.
6. What do you expect me to (imply
infer) from your tone of
7. Based upon all of the facts presented to them, the students (implied
inferred) that the
experiment was a success.
8. Her hearty laugh (implied
inferred) total agreement
with the directive.
9. Phil did not (imply
infer) anything from Joe's
10. Did my words make you (imply
infer) that I no longer love