In the text boxes provided below each item, identify the sentence's simple
subject and simple predicate. When you are finished the exercise, click
the "Check My Work" button at the bottom of the page to check your
1. The results of the test are inconclusive.
2. There have been many incidents of vandalism in
3. Why did he take the new car back to the dealer?
4. My name was written on the document in three
5. By the saucer of milk sat a very scrawny cat.
6. She will be going to the dentist's office later
7. Remarkably, the patient with the shattered
skull survived the surgery.
8. All citizens in the United States must complete
a tax return each year.
9. With prices so low, I should have bought a few
10. Will Joe be taking his golf clubs on this trip?