In the text boxes provided below each item, identify the sentence's simple
subject and simple predicate. When you are finished the exercise, click
the "Check My Work" button at the bottom of the page to check your
1. What were you doing at 11:00 p.m. last night?
2. The agent at the bank must have been feeling
suspicious about the action.
3. The flower on a cactus is a thing of beauty.
4. After an hour or two, you should find the
5. The guitarist's fingers flew over the frets
on the guitar neck.
6. Every house on this block was destroyed by
7. My editor in New York will be working all week on the
manuscript for my new book.
8. By the fence sat an old box full of keys.
9. Did Mr. Bond request a change in his
reservation for dinner?
10. My friends from the old neighborhood came to my