Directions: In the text boxes provided below each item, identify the
sentence's simple subject and simple predicate. When you have finished the exercise, click
the "Check My Work" button at the bottom of the page to check your
1. At ten minutes after midnight, the cat jumped
from the porch railing.
2. Have you tasted the new coffee from Brazil?
3. There was no bread in the freezer yesterday.
4. The senator from Wisconsin was considering
the bill on immigration.
5. Where did the young man put my coat?
6. The documentary on the ravages of the
hurricane showed a number of tragic events.
7. At the top of the stairs stood a very tiny
man with some tickets in his hand.
8. What did Mark say to you about the lecture?
9. The exterior mirror on my car was broken by a
10.After that scary experience with the hitchhiker, Harry must be feeling very