Verb Expansion Rule - Post Test
Directions: This exercise contains items that use some or all of the Verb Expansion Rule.
For Part I: Put each verb string into its verb form using the subject provided. Write your answers in the space provided next to each subject.
For Part II: Write out the verb string formula for each verb given. Write your answers in the space provided next to each verb.
1. past + have + -en + lift = the bodybuilders __________________________
2. past + will + have + -en + be + -ing + go = we all _____________________
3. pres + be + -ing + be + -en + bring = some supplies __________________
4. past + shall + have + -en + + be + -en + choose = the best candidate __________________
5. past + be + -ing + be + -en + sell = the goods l _____________________________
6. pres + will + be + -en + write = the paper ___________________________
7. past + have + -en + be + -ing + snore = my husband __________________________
8. past + can + be + -ing + be + -en + teach = the class ___________________________
9. pres + have + -en + be + -ing + see = Joe ____________________________
10. past + may + have + -en + be + -ing + plan = the prisoners _______________________
11. may have become = _________________________________________
12. has been talking = ___________________________________________
13. would have been told = ________________________________________
14. had been being given = _______________________________________
15. has had = __________________________________________________
16. will be elected = _____________________________________________
17. might have seen = ___________________________________________
18. have been ordering = _________________________________________
19. should be typed = ____________________________________________
20. has been being = ____________________________________________