• Please check the Exemptions from Testing page to be certain you need to take the test.
• Do not schedule an on-campus testing session if you requested to be tested remotely. See the Remote Testing page if you live more than two hours from Towson University.
How to Schedule Your Test
To schedule your reading placement testing session, fill out this form.
• Your notification e-mail
• A valid photo ID—you will not be allowed to test without a photo ID
How to Find Your Testing Location
• To obtain directions to the testing location and area parking facilities, please see the "Towson University Map."
• If you do not have a Towson University parking permit you must purchase a parking receipt. The cost for parking is $2.00 per hour (parking on Saturdays is free).
• For the Towsontown Parking Garage—the pay station is located on the left side of the visitor’s booth.
• For the Union Parking Garage—the pay station is located at the end of visitor lot 11.
• For Auburn Drive (close to the Towson Center)—the pay station is located at the end of visitor lot 13 (you will find this visitor lot after making a right from Osler Drive).
Inclement Weather Policy/Emergencies
If the university is closed due to inclement weather or an emergency during your scheduled test time, that particular test session will be canceled. It is the responsibility of the student to sign up for a different test session.
The reading placement test is part of a suite of testing products commonly referred to as ACCUPLACER® tests. The College Board developed ACCUPLACER® Computerized Placement Tests (CPTs) to provide information about your level of skill in reading.