We are committed to providing effective policing and public safety services to the university and surrounding areas 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Our goal is to not just respond to crime, but prevent it. We encourage students, faculty and staff to watch the emergency preparedness video and campus safety video for helpful tips on preventing and responding to crimes. You can also stay up to speed on emergency situations and campus closures by registering for emergency text alerts. Safety starts with awareness.
Reporting Crime Statistics
Towson University is proud to have had the lowest number of part I crimes per capita in the University System of Maryland for the past six years. We publish updated crime statistics, track overall crime trends (PDF) and provide access to reports and reporting forms in accordance with the Clery Act.
Crime Alerts are posted to keep the campus community aware of recent crimes. You can get additional details on the crimes below in the Crime Alerts (PDF). Review the list and take appropriate steps to maintain your personal safety. Becoming actively involved in crime prevention is the best way to avoid becoming a victim.
- 5/2/16- On-campus "peeping Tom"
- 4/22/16- Off-campus armed robbery
- 4/11/16 - Off-campus attempted armed robbery - downgraded to second degree assault
- 3/15/16 - Off-campus armed robbery
- 2/3/16- Off-campus indecent exposure
- 2/2/16 - Off-campus armed robbery
- 2/2/16 - Off-campus indecent exposure