To officially withdraw, log into your Student Center through Towson Online Services
before the term deadline (see Academic Calendar).
Withdrawing after the deadline requires a letter of appeal to the Academic Standards
Committee including your name, TU I.D., address, phone number, TU email address, course
name/number/section and semester, supporting documentation (medical, legal, etc.) and an explanation of appeal.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR WITHDRAWING
- Instructors or departments can not withdraw you from a course.
- A grade of "W" will be given when withdrawing after the change of schedule period,
but before the withdrawal deadline, which does not affect averages or academic totals.
- An FX grade is given for failing to officially withdraw.
- Dropping below full time status may affect your financial aid and/or your insurance
- Students are considered full time as noted below
Undergraduates - 12 units
Graduates - 9 units