We are currently working on this history but what is known right know is the following: Several years ago SAACS got together and decided to try and start a scholarship to help students. Many of the faculty donated money and eventually $10,000 was raised to start a scholarship fund at the Towson University Foundation. Now are fortunate to still receive donations from faculty and alumni. For the upcoming Academic Year 2013-2014, we will be offering a SINGLE $870 award to be awarded for entire Academic year.
1. Full time, chemistry major enrolled at Towson University
2. Junior or senior standing at Towson or transfer junior or senior with more than 15 credits at TU, including no less than six credits of upper level chemistry courses taken at TU.
3. Minimal GPA of 2.65- Departmental and 3.00 overall
4. Students must be active in at least one campus based or community based activity outside of class work.
5. Must be attending TU the following semester after the awarded semester. (I.E. if a student receives the scholarship for the 2013-2014 Academic year, he or she must attend classes at TU in the Fall of 2014.)
Applications can be downloaded by clicking here or by picking one up from Ms. Smith in the Chemistry Department office in Smith Hall room 547.
Both the application and an unofficial complete transcript are required. Your packet should be turned into Ms. Smith in the Chemistry Department office room 547. The deadline for applying for the 2013-2014 Annual Award has been extended until May 3rd, 2013.
Any Questions can be directed to Jaron Quinlan or George Kram.
Home Links Activities Members FAQ Green Chemistry