Community Service requires students to involve themselves in the community with the intent to better the world around them. We offer many opportunities for students, faculty, and staff to participate in community service. We also serve as a resource for community partners seeking TU volunteers.
How can I volunteer?
Students can participate in a variety of volunteer opportunities on and off campus throughout the year.
- First Fridays
- Ongoing service events (on-campus)
- Alternative Break Connection
- Project Serve
- Service-based student organizations
- Volunteer opportunities (off-campus)
What counts as community service?
- Community service is completed at a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, or serves a community or skill in need,
- The service is completed without receiving payment or remuneration for services completed.
What counts as philanthropy?
- The desire to promote the welfare of others, expressed especially by the generous donation of money or gifts in kind to good causes.
- Donated to a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, TU Foundation, public school, religious organization, or a community in need.