International Programs

Study Abroad

Registration and Enrollment

  • Students will be registered for study abroad at TU by the Study Abroad Office.
  • In most cases, students will be registered using a placeholder code. The number of credits associated with this code may not correspond to the actual number of credits that students are taking while they are abroad.
  • Upon completion of the study abroad program and receipt of an official transcript, the actual number of credits earned while abroad will be posted to the TU record.
  • Students must maintain full-time status while studying abroad for a semester or academic year (equivalent of at least 12 U.S. credits each spring or fall semester).
  • If a student does not maintain full-time status and receives financial aid to support their term abroad, they may be required to repay some or all of their aid award.
  • Student who will be graduating within one year of their study abroad experience, must email an official verification of their enrollment abroad (course titles and equivalent U.S. credit hours) to in the TU Registrar’s Office once their schedule is finalized.
  • Students may study abroad during the final 30 credits of their undergraduate degree. However, each academic department requires a minimum number of major credits to be completed in residence at TU; exceptions may be made at the discretion of the department chair.
  • Students will be subject to the academic rules of their host institution or program overseas. Students must stick to their withdrawal, add, and drop deadlines TU deadlines do not apply in these cases.

Study Abroad Office
Rm. #408, Psychology Building
Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Phone: 410-704-2451

Fax: 410-704-4703

TU Study Abroad Pintrest




University Police

Closings & News
410-704-NEWS (6397)

Text Alerts
Sign up now