International Programs

Study Abroad

TU Study Abroad Update

Frequently Asked Questions from Students Abroad

I am currently taking classes that I did not get equated with a Study Abroad Course Form. What should I do?

If your schedule changes when you arrive at your host institution, you may be able to get new courses equated from overseas. Contact the TU Study Abroad Office for instructions. If you prefer, you can wait until you return to campus and complete a supplementary Study Abroad Course Form in person. TIP: Bring all your coursework and syllabi for your courses home with you in case you need to have courses equated retroactively.

How will my grades and credits be posted to my TU record?
Letter grades for all courses taken abroad through Towson University Study Abroad administered programs (including exchanges) and affiliated programs will be posted to the TU record using the Transfer Grading Basis but will not be calculated into the Towson GPA. (Exceptions: Grades will be calculated into the TU GPA for TU faculty-led programs and the TU Summer Internship Program)

How do I submit a health insurance claim?
If you're participating on a TU program or exchange, please contact the Towson Abroad office at If you are participating on a non-TU program, check with your program provider.

How do I register for classes back at TU?
Follow our step-by-step instructions to register for TU classes for the semester you will be returning to campus.

Other questions?
Check out our Study Abroad Policies page or email us at with other questions you may have.



Study Abroad Office
Rm. #408, Psychology Building
Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Phone: 410-704-2451

Fax: 410-704-4703

TU Study Abroad PintrestAaron Rosenblatt - Panama, Minimester 2009



University Police

Closings & News
410-704-NEWS (6397)

Text Alerts
Sign up now