The Office of Technology Services (OTS) provides a quick reference guides of services and resources for new Faculty at Towson University.
Blackboard is Towson's online learning management system which allows you to connect with students outside the physical classroom. It can be used to distribute files such as syllabi, to collect and grade assignments or to hold discussion forums and generate tests.
- Access your course site through Blackboard. NetID (username) and password are required to log in.
- Faculty Quick Start provides the fundamentals of Blackboard using walkthroughs and demonstrations.
- Blackboard Support offers faculty-specific self-help documents and video tutorials.
Student Computing Services (SCS)
SCS is a multifaceted technology support service available to all Towson University students. SCS is located on the first floor of Cook Library, room 35. Students can contact SCS by phone at 410-704-5151 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Services offered include:
- Service Desk provides technical support and troubleshooting assistance to students experiencing problems or seeking technology advice.
- The Computer Lab offers 54 PCs, 10 iMacs, and pay-for-print services, with on-site support staff.
- Multimedia Support Services offers training and consultations, three studios for media production and presentation rehearsal, and large format (poster) printing.
- Gear2Go Equipment Loans gives the campus access to digital cameras, audio recorders and other equipment. Available to students, faculty and staff.
- Scantron Test Scoring.
OTS Training offers free workshops to faculty, staff and students on a variety of topics as well as customized and one-on-one trainings. OTS Training provides self-help training and offers an extensive online library of video tutorials. Services include:
- Free Workshops are available on a variety of topics. Register for a workshop.
- Self-Help Learning Resources offers over 300 self-help documents and over 40 movie tutorials which guide you through the different features of various software applications and Towson University systems.
- Customized and one on one sessions are available - We will bring the training to your department or offer one-hour, one-on-one training sessions on a specific topic.
- Lynda.com is an extensive online software training tutorial video library. This video collection is available 24/7 and offers 1,955 videos on software, business and creative skills. To request access, submit a TechHelp service request.
- WebEx offers technical support and training for Webex, an online web-conferencing application.
- Panopto is an easy to use and flexible instructional recording package (lecture capture). This technology can help faculty connect and engage with students online and outside the classroom.
Client Services serves faculty and staff through telephone, Remote Control Access, walk-in and on-site support. Located in Cook Library, Room 29, Client Services can be reached at 410-704-5151. Services include:
- The OTS Faculty/Staff Help Center offers support for general computing, networking, accounts, remote access and more.
- When telephone or remote-control based support is not practical, On-Site Tech Support is provided by appointment.
- Design and planning services for Classroom Technology projects (new construction and renovations). Helps support SMART Classrooms in cooperation with colleges and departments.
- Software and hardware service, managing of computer purchases and assisting with the integration of hardware (printers, scanners, laptop computers, smartphones, iPads and other mobile devices).
New Faculty Orientation Handouts
2016-17 Session Recordings
- New Faculty Orientation - Mandatory (VIDEO)
- Blackboard Breakout Session (VIDEO)
- PeopleSoft Breakout Session (VIDEO)