Founded in 1866 as the Maryland State normal school, the institution now known as Towson University moved from Baltimore to its present site in 1915. Some of the trees on campus are as old as the university itself, while others, such as the American Beech, predate to the move of Towson. Some are native, some are exotics from various parts of the world, some are deciduous and lose their leaves in the fall, and others are green even during the coldest months of the year.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*If the webpage is not properly displaying please use Internet Explorer

Home
Tree Club Store
Tree Walk Home
Contact Us
Additional Links
About us
Current Projects