We are pleased that you have enrolled at Towson University. The International Student
To-Do List below has been developed to assist you in making your transition to TU
as smooth as possible. All applicable tasks must be completed by the start of classes
or by the deadline specified. If you have questions about completing any of these tasks, contact the International
Student & Scholar Office at 410-704-2121 or email us at isso AT_TOWSON.
- ISSO Pre-Arrival Orientation – This workshop is on Blackboard. All new students have been enrolled in the workshop.
You must complete all items and receive a score of 100%. This workshop is available
beginning in July for fall semester and November for spring semester
- Register for Classes– Please contact your Program Director/ Program Advisor before registering for classes.
- Complete Immunization Requirements
- Complete Sexual Violence Prevention Program: Deadline - January 25 (Alcohol Prevention Program not required.)
- Submit Official Transcript
- Learn About Your Online Bill & Billing Schedule, Enroll in the e-Rebate/Refund Program, and Complete 1098-T Consent
Complete when You Arrive at TU
Orientation activities begin on the program start date on your I-20/DS-2019. Students
must arrive in the U.S. on or before the program start date listed on your I-20/DS-2019.
Attend optional programming and events to learn more about Towson University, Maryland,
the United States, and to meet fellow students.
1. GET YOUR ONECARD
To get a OneCard, students should bring a photo ID to orientation, complete the OneCard application
and have their photo taken in order to receive your card.
2. ATTEND THE INTERNATIONAL STUDENT & SCHOLAR OFFICE NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION (Mandatory)
This orientation program provides fun and engaging opportunities for you to get to
know your new campus and surrounding communities. Activities typically include a group
trip to Baltimore, a scavenger hunt tour of campus, welcome meals, and shopping shuttles
to get all that you need for the upcoming semester. ISSO staff will also help you
open a bank account, get a TU OneCard, and complete required immigration check-ins.
By the end of this week, you will know your way around campus, have new friends, and
have the knowledge you need to stay in immigration status so you can focus on your
studies. View the orientation schedule here.
- Register for Emergency Text Messaging
- Request Accessibility & Disability Services (if applicable)
- Purchase Parking Permit (required if you will be parking on campus)
- Determine Off-Campus Housing Options
- Purchase Course Materials
- Purchase Dining Plan
- Apply for Graduate Assistantships
- Review Our Policies and Expectations
- Review Additional Resources & Graduate Resource Guide
- Download the TU Mobile App
- Complete Religious Interest Card
- Learn About Technology Resources at TU
- Subscribe to Towerlight Today
Future Notifications & Communication
If you require additional information, contact the appropriate department. You may
also contact the Office of Graduate Studies at 410-704-2078 or email gradstudies AT_TOWSON.
- Students entering TU for the spring term will receive email notifications to their
TU email account beginning January 30
- Students entering TU for the fall term will receive email notifications to their TU
email account after July 1
If you do not receive TU notifications and need to check or change your email address,
please email admissions AT_TOWSON