Congratulations on your admission to Towson University. Our office looks forward to
working with you throughout your academic career: before, during and after your time
at Towson University. Please contact us so that we can provide you with the immigration
information you need to obtain your visa and begin your study.
1. Submit financial documents (bank statement, Statement of Willingness (PDF), government financial guarantee) and passport copy (mandatory). After receipt
of acceptable documentation, the ISSO will prepare your immigration documents.
**Transfer students attending universities in the U.S. - If already inside the U.S.
as an F-1 student:
a. Submit copies of current immigration documents (I-20/DS-2019, visa, I-94).
b. Submit Transfer Eligibility Certificate (PDF) form by mail or email.
2. Pay for shipping of immigration documents with EShipGlobal.
After Receipt of Immigration Package
- Review documents included with your immigration package. Check for accuracy and contact
ISSO if your find errors
- Pay SEVIS fee. All students must pay the SEVIS fee before making an appointment with the U.S. embassy
or consulate to apply for their visas. For F-1 students the SEVIS fee is $200 and
for J-1 exchange visitors SEVIS fee is $180. SEVIS Fee Payment tutorial.
- Contact closest United States Embassy or Consulate for visa appointment and instructions.
- 10 Points to Remember When Applying for a Visa
Before Coming to the United States
- Book a flight to the United States. The closest airport is Baltimore/Washington International
Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI). You can arrive in the United States up to 30 days
before the Program Start Date on your I-20 or DS-2019. **Confirm visa approval and
check program start date on I-20 or DS-2019 before booking your flight.
- Undergraduates – Complete required pre-orientation activities
Graduates – Contact Academic Department for information and to register for classes
- ISSO Pre-Arrival Orientation. The workshop is on blackboard. All new students have been enrolled in the workshp. You must complete all items
and receive a score of 100%. Workshop will be available on December 1st.
Complete at Orientation
**Orientation activites begin the program start date on your I-20/DS-2019.
- Attend required international student orientation on Tuesday January 23rd, participate in week long events to meet other students and
learn about campus community.
- Complete check-in process at International Student & Scholar Office
- Update your local address in your Online Services account. We cannot update your immigration record without
- Complete immigration documents check-in. The ISSO needs a copy of your visa and a
copy of I-94 print-off or I-94 card. You may email scanned copies to the ISSO or bring them in person to
- Complete online ISSO Emergency form.
- List of items to complete.
- Attend required undergraduate or graduate student university orientation programs.
- Attend optional programming and events to learn more about Towson University, Maryland
and the United States, and to meet fellow students.
If you are a prospective student, applicant or current international student with a disability, you may request accommodations (support services include interpretation,
closed captioning, assistive technology, para-transportation, etc.) through our Disability Support Services Office.