Complete After Your Admission to Towson University
1. Order Your i-20/DS-2019
Submit financial documents (bank statement, Statement of Willingness (PDF) or government financial guarantee) and passport copy to the International Students & Scholars Office (ISSO). Once your documents are verified and approved, the ISSO will produce your
For students already in the U.S. as an F-1 student, looking to transfer their I-20:
- Submit copies of current immigration documents (I-20, visa, I-94)
- Submit Transfer-In Form (PDF) form by mail or email
2. Request Shipment of Documents
Request shipment of documents and pay shipment fee through EShipGlobal (Information PDF).
Complete After Receipt of Immigration Package
1. Review Immigration Documents
Review the documents included with your immigration package. Check for accuracy and
contact the ISSO if you find errors. You will also need to:
2. Book a flight to the United States.
The closest airport to Towson University is Baltimore/Washington International Airport
(BWI). You can arrive in the United States 30 days before the Program Start Date on
your I-20 or DS-2019. Make sure to confirm visa approval and check program start date
on I-20 or DS-2019 before booking your flight.
Complete Your Enrollment at Towson University
1. Activate Your TU Email Account
To get started, simply activate your NetID. You will need your seven-digit TU student ID number, which you can find on your
Offer of Admission letter. Your NetID/email account must be activated at least 24 hours before completing the
housing request below. If you have difficulty with your account, please contact the Student Computing Services
Desk at scs AT_TOWSON or 410-704-5151.
2. Undergraduate Students: Request Housing
If you plan to live on campus, you need to submit a housing request.
- Freshmen Fall Term: Reserve on-campus housing by 5 p.m. ET on May 1. Secure your spot by submitting the Housing Request form and pay the $350 non-refundable housing deposit.
- Freshman Spring Term and Transferring Students (Fall and Spring): Housing is offered on a space-available basis. You can find out if housing is available
by logging on to the Department of Housing and Residence Life’s Housing Request system. If space is available, you can secure your spot by submitting the request
form and $350 non-refundable housing deposit. If you plan to live in Paca or Tubman
House, apply online.
3. Submit your Enrollment Contract and Fee
- Fall Term: To officially accept your offer of admission, please submit your Enrollment Contract and nonrefundable $300 enrollment fee to University Admissions by May 1. This is
a one-time fee to secure your spot in the incoming class and is not credited to your
- Spring Term: Please submit your Enrollment Contract and nonrefundable $300 enrollment fee by the specific date on your admission letter. This
is a one-time fee to secure your spot in the incoming class and is not credited to
If you have questions, please contact University Admissions at 410-704-2113.
Complete Items on Your To-Do List
Complete all required tasks on your Enrolled International Student To-Do List. This list provides important orientation information that will help you transition
to college life. Spring semester To-Do List tasks are updated by mid-October and fall
semester To-Do List tasks are updated by early April.
Send Official Transcripts
If you attended or are currently attending a non-U.S. high school, you must submit
a sealed original copy of your official transcript or mark sheets to: Towson University,
University Admissions, 8000 York Road, Towson, Maryland 21252. You can also request
that your school counselor submit to University Admissions your official school transcript(s)
to intladm AT_TOWSON.
Honors College Applicants
Please note, that decisions for international applicants who meet the priority application deadline will be released in mid-February. For
those students who apply by the May 1 deadline, decisions will be released in May.