Innovation enables us to achieve remarkable things. And more than ever it is necessary to collaborate to find transformative solutions.
Welcome Remarks were given by
- Kim Schatzel, President, Towson University
- Kelly M. Schulz, Secretary, Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation
- Francis "Hall" Chaney III, Chair, Governor's Workforce Investment Board
- Dr. Daraius Irani, Chief Economist, Regional Economic Studies Institute
Dr. Irani goes beyond the typical employment forecast to highlight the top 10 occupations and job sectors that are predicted to grow in Maryland.
View Dr. Irani's Presentation Slides
Lightning Presentations were given by
Innovators from diverse sectors around our region highlight successful methods and partnerships that address workforce, business, and educational challenges facing them.
- Will Holman, General Manager, Open Works
Opening this fall, this incubator will bring affordable state-of-the-art technology, facilities, and training to support Baltimore's creative economy.
View Will's Presentation Slides
Jason Stambaugh, CEO, LaunchGen
A new platform that fosters entrepreneurship and business development in high school students through a turn-key student business competition program.
View Jason's Presentation Slides
- Homer Minnick, Director, Cyber Security Academy at UMBC Training Centers
A partnership with colleges and community colleges that provides highly focused skills training to address the cyber workforce needs of the Government and the commercial sector.
View Homer's Presentation Slides
Laura Spada, Executive Director, Baltimore Alliance for Careers in Healthcare
A nonprofit dedicated to eliminating the critical shortage of qualified healthcare workers in Baltimore by creating opportunities for residents to pursue careers in health professions through career ladders, education, and coaching.
View Laura's Presentation Slides
Jan Houbolt, co-chair of the Board of Directors, Thread
Thread engages underperforming high school students confronting significant barriers outside of the classroom by providing each one with a family of committed volunteers and increased access to community resources.
View Jan's Presentation Slides
- Dr. Melissa Page, National Security Agency (NSA)
A briefing will be provide on the NSA’s Training with Industry Program
View Melissa's Presentation Slides
Facilitated Discussion Groups
- These groups identify opportunities to scale up successful programs, identify cross-sector collaborations, and identify the needs associated with specific GWIB Taskforce Groups of cyber security/information technology, advanced manufacturing, skilled trades, and health care.