This program has rolling admissions--in order to ensure timely processing we recommend
submitting your application by August 1 for fall admission, December 1 for spring
admission, and May 1 for summer admission. While we will continue to accept applications
and materials after these dates, we cannot guarantee that your application will be
reviewed in time for the start of classes.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university*
- Official transcript from all post-secondary institutions
- Minimum of a B average: overall GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Statement of Intent: a one-page essay describing your academic and professional goals
and how this degree program can help you achieve these goals.
- Sample of Work: a written sample of an academic research paper, thesis chapter, lesson
plans or another type of field-related writing sample, no more than 20 pages.
- Two letters of recommendation, at least one from an academic source (Email addresses
of recommenders must be entered on application)
- Applicants must be available for an interview with the director, in person or by phone.
- Current Resume
- Applicants from other countries are subject to the same requirements for admission
as are applicants from the U.S. Applicants from countries where English is not the
language of university-level instruction will be required to submit the results of
the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). JCS prefers a minimum score of
223 (computer-based) and 84-85 (internet-based). For information about testing center
locations, please visit the TOEFL website.
- Applicants from other countries will be required to demonstrate proof of funding in
order to obtain a visa to attend school in the US. This information is not required
for admissions consideration
- Applicants may be required to take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller
Analogies Test (MAT)
*See Exceptions to Policy in Graduate Admissions
Non-immigrant international students: See additional admission information in International Graduate Admissions.