- Must be licensed as an educational professional currently working in a school or educational
setting in the state of Maryland.
- Certification as a teacher or licensure as a school professional.
- Minimum number of three years of teaching experience in a public or private school.
- Transcript from a regionally accredited college or university** documenting successful
completion of a special education course (undergraduate or graduate).
- The minimum GPA required for admission is 3.00. Students who have a minimum GPA of
2.80 may be considered for admission.
- Two letters of recommendation. One letter of recommendation must be from a school
- A one-page personal statement indicating why the applicant is interested in pursuing
graduate study in this track. The statement should describe the applicant’s commitment
to the profession, caring for the success of students and collaboration with the community.
Non-immigrant international students: See additional admission information in International Graduate Admissions.
**See Exceptions to Policy in Graduate Admissions.