- Completion of a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university**
- An overall minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.00 based on the last 60 units of total undergraduate
and post-baccalaureate study
- Maryland teaching certification, eligibility for teacher certification, or permission
of the program director.
- Official transcripts for undergraduate and graduate course work
- A 400-600 word Statement of Purpose Essay describing the student's professional goals
for advanced graduate study and proposed individualized area of focus
- Current résumé
- Two letters of recommendation that describe the candidate's professional experience
and academic work (Email addresses of recommenders must be entered on application)
- Completed Graduate Application
NOTE: Applicants certified in another area (e.g., elementary education) but not certified
as a secondary teacher should be aware that completion of the master’s degree is not
accompanied by automatic state certification in grades 6-12.
**See Exceptions to Policy in Graduate Admissions
Non-immigrant international students: See additional admission information in Graduate Admissions.