When applying to the Teacher as Leader in ASD Program, the following needs to be included
with your application (applications can not be reviewed until all documents are received
through the graduate office.):
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university**
- An overall minimum GPA of 3.00 for full admission to the program and a 2.75 GPA for
conditional admission, based on the last 60 units of total undergraduate and post-baccalaureate
- One Letter of Recommendation
- Admission essay (minimum of 500 words and maximum of 1000), describing your professional
background and experience and why you are interested in applying for the Teacher as
Leader in ASD Graduate Program. Additionally, discuss how the content from this program
will enhance your professional practice.
- Teacher Certificate or Certificaion in a related field (e.g. speech pathology, physical
therapy, psychology, etc.)
Note: Successful completion of this program will yield a master’s degree, but no additional
certification from MSDE. Certification in special education or a related field is
highly recommended, but not required.
Non-immigrant international students: See additional admission information in International Graduate Admissions.
**See Exceptions to Policy in Graduate Admissions