The Department of Dance is a center of excellence in dance education and artistry.
Towson offers professional dance training within the context of a comprehensive liberal
arts education. Majors experience rigorous preparation to dance and create dance at
all ages and stages of life—in professional companies, as educators and as arts advocates.
Who we are...
PASSIONATE. DEDICATED. DISCIPLINED. RESILIENT.
Find out more about the advantages of studying dance at Towson University.
The department offers students:
- small classes taught by nationally recognized faculty who are dedicated teachers,
mentors and active professionals
- the only B.F.A. in dance performance and choreography with a Dance Education PreK-12
Teacher Concentration in the Maryland State higher education system
- state-of-the-art facilities, including four large, well-equipped dance studios, and
two performance spaces
- performance and choreography opportunities as part of the TU Dance Company, dance
repertory classes, senior projects, end of semester concerts, outreach programs and
- guest artist programs
- diversity of experiences in styles, philosophies and perspectives
- internship opportunities
- a variety of courses for non-majors, including ballet, modern, tap, jazz and aerial
SCHEDULE A VIRTUAL MEETING
Visit Our Facilities
To request a Department of Dance visit virtually, contact Reggie Cole at rcole AT_TOWSON.