Department of Dance
The Department of Dance is a center of excellence in dance education and artistry.
Towson offers professional dance training within the context of a comprehensive liberal arts education. Majors experience rigorous preparation to dance and create dance at all ages and stages of life—in professional companies, as educators and as arts advocates.
Who we are...
PASSIONATE. DEDICATED. DISCIPLINED. RESILIENT.
What we offer
Find out more about the advantages of studying dance at Towson University. The department offers students:
- small classes taught by nationally recognized faculty who are dedicated teachers, mentors and active professionals
- the only B.F.A. in dance performance and choreography with a Dance Education PreK-12 Teacher Concentration in the Maryland State higher education system
- a dance education master's program that provides flexible part-time graduate study for certified dance teachers and dance professionals
- state-of-the-art facilities, including four large, well-equipped dance studios, and two performance spaces
- performance and choreography opportunities as part of the TU Dance Company, dance repertory classes, senior projects, end of semester concerts, outreach programs and special invitations
- guest artist programs
- diversity of experiences in styles, philosophies and perspectives
- internship opportunities
- a variety of courses for non-majors, including ballet, modern, tap, jazz and aerial
SCHEDULE A Tour
Visit Our Facilities
To request a tour of the Department of Dance, contact Reggie Cole at rcole AT_TOWSON.