Reducing Risk & Empowering Students to Make Good Decisions
Is AlcoholEDU, Prescription Drugs, and Haven Programs Required?
You are required to complete AlcoholEdu, Prescription Drugs, and Haven online courses.
At Towson University, we recognize that social activities play a role in shaping your
academic experience. We want to ensure that you are empowered to make well-informed
decisions about alcohol and sexual issues.
We also want to make sure that you are aware of your rights and responsibilities as
a member of our campus community. For this reason we require all new students to complete
AlcoholEdu, Prescription Drug, and Haven, online programs that educate students about
alcohol abuse, prescription drugs, and sexual assault.
When Do I Need to Take These Courses?
- You may begin taking AlcoholEDU, Prescription Drug, and Haven starting July 25th, 2017.
- Part 1 of all programs must be completed by August 21, 2017 - prior to starting at Towson University.
- After about 45 days you will receive an invitation to complete Part 2 of AlcoholEdu,
Prescription Drugs, and Haven
You are required to complete all programs.
How Do I Prepare?
To prepare for these courses you need to:
- Be sure you have both Internet access and audio capabilities on your computer. Use
major web browsers that were released within the last two years (e.g., Firefox, Internet
Explorer, Google Chrome).
- Make sure you know your Towson NetID and password. You may only use your Towson NetID
and password. DO NOT use personal emails for the courses.
- If you take the courses in multiple sessions remember to click "Save" (upper right
hand corner of the dashboard).
- It is also encouraged to print out the certificate of completion after you pass the
course. Keep the certificate in a safe place with other important documents.
How Do I Begin?
Click here to begin
What if I have taken these courses before?
Even if you have taken these courses before you still need to complete them here at
Towson University. Each course provides information to policies, resources, and specific
Towson University information that you need as a student.
Exception: If you are currently age 25 or older you do not need to take AlcoholEdu.
Please email Allison Frey at afrey AT_TOWSON.
Regardless of age the Prescription Drug and Haven programs still need to be completed.
What if I Already Have an EverFi Account?
Simply sign back in with your Towson NetID and password.
Taking the Courses
Part 1 of the programs will take you approximately 2.5 hours to complete. You can
complete this in multiple sessions. If you choose to do this, remember to click “Save”
(upper right corner of the dashboard). Part 2 of the programs will take you approximately
45 minutes to complete. You need to earn a grade of 70% or higher to get credit for
taking AlcoholEdu. There is no graded portion with Prescription Drug or Haven.