The following is required for admission to the Integrated STEM (iSTEM) Instructional
Leadership (PreK-6) Post-Baccalaureate Certificate:
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree from a nationally accredited college or university**
- Minimum of two years of teaching experience (indicated on your resumé)
- An overall minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.00 for full admission into the program,
and a 2.80 GPA for conditional admission based on the last 60 units of total undergraduate
and post-baccalaureate study.
- Must be currently employed as a teacher or other educational professional working
in a PreK-6 school or educational setting (or permission from program director).
To apply, complete a Graduate Admissions application. The following additional information
will be requested as part of the online application:
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who can attest to your academic background, professional experience
and/or personal qualities. One letter must be from a school administrator or supervisor.
(Email addresses of recommenders must be entered on the application.)
- A one page personal statement indicating why you are interested in pursuing graduate study in this iSTEM Instructional
Leadership program. The statement should include not only a commitment to iSTEM education
for all PreK-6 students, but also a desire to be a leader in PreK-6 iSTEM education.
- A resume detailing: your current employment and career history as an educational professional
serving PreK-6 students; any teaching experience or educational outreach related to
science, technology, engineering or mathematics; and (if applicable) any teaching
or administrative certification(s) or endorsement(s) you hold.
Can this become part of a Master’s Degree?
Yes! If you are accepted into the Transformational Educational Leadership (M.S.) , you will take 18 credits of core coursework in that program in addition to the 18
credits of coursework in the iSTEM Instructional Leadership (PreK-6) PBC Program.
The result of successful completion is that you will earn: 1) your MS, 2) the PBC,
3) MSDE Administrator I Certification, and 4) MSDE Instructional Leader: STEM (Grades
PreK–6) Endorsement. If you are interested in this option, you must apply for the
Human Resource Development (M.S.) – Educational Leadership Track. When you do so,
be sure to address your prior skills and experiences and desire to be a leader in
PreK-6 STEM education within your online application materials.
Non-immigrant international students: See additional admission information in International Graduate Admissions
**See Exceptions to Policy in Graduate Admissions