The Inter-Institutional Registration Program is open to graduate and undergraduate
students during fall and spring and is designed to foster an interchange of students between TU and other University
System of Maryland (USM) institutions with the exception of UMUC. Interested TU students
should contact the TU IIR coordinator in the Office of the Registrar at 410-704-2007.
As an undergraduate, you must be full time, degree seeking, at least a sophomore in good academic standing
& maintain a combined load of 12 units or more, with a minimum of 6 at TU.
As a graduate, you must be degree seeking in good academic standing.
The Academic Calendar, including drop/withdrawal deadlines will be followed at the host institution.
Tuition and fees are paid to Towson University. Students are responsible for any special fees associated with the course(s).
USM IIR Form
Graduate IIR Addendum (graduate students only)
- Enrollment is on a space available basis and may require a special permit or instructor consent to register.
- Submit completed & approved form to TU's coordinator in the Registrar's Office, Room
221 or fax to 410-704-6358 for submission to the host college. Please be sure all
information is complete & clear.
- Notification will be sent to you from the host institution via email once you are registered for the course(s).
- Changes to your IIR registration, including drop/withdrawals, must be handled through
the TU coordinator at interinstitutional AT_TOWSON within the host institution's deadlines.
COURSE & GRADING
- Courses will appear on your schedule as IIR 100, 300, 500, 600, etc depending on level.
- After completing the course, TU will receive an official transcript from the host
institution. The course/grade will be posted and calculated into the TU's cumulative GPA.
- Courses will be graded with an incomplete until the grade is received. The host institution
may withhold a transcript/grade until all financial obligations are met. Any incomplete
grades remaining after 180 days will lapse to an F.
NOTE: To take courses for summer or minimester, please follow the regular transfer of credit process.