How can I obtain information about education benefits, including time remaining and how to apply?

Information and access to apply for benefits can be found on the US Department of Veterans Affairs website. To speak with a counselor call 1-888-442-4551 (1-888-GI-Bill-1).

What documents need to be submitted to Towson University for certification?

All paperwork as noted below must be completed and submitted to TU.
All students must be registered for classes for the term to be certified.
Post 9/11 certification requires tuition & fees be posted to your Bursar's account.

New Students:
*Declaration of Intent Form and Certificate of Eligibility or NOBE (Notice of Basic Eligibility).

*Declaration of Intent Form must be submitted for each term to be certified.
Certificate of Eligibility will be mailed to you by the US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Transfer Students:
*Declaration of Intent Form, Certificate of Eligibility and VA Form 22-1995 Change of VA Education Program/Place of Training (if applicable).

VA Form 22-1995 - Change of VA Education Program/Place of Training, available on the US Department of Veterans Affairs website.

Returning Students:
*Declaration of Intent Form and VA Form 22-1995 (if applicable)

Chapter 31 Students:
VA Form 28-1905
Declaration of Intent Form is not required

Chapter 31 benefits (Vocational Rehabilitation Program), can you explain the process for certification?

Chapter 31 veterans are evaluated through the Baltimore Regional Veterans Office. Upon determination of eligibility, a purchase order, VA Form 28-1905 (Authorization and Certification of Entrance or Re-entrance into Rehabilitation and Certification of Status Form), will be provided to the school and the student.

Certification can only be done for the specific program and dates listed on the VA Form 28-1905.

Please call the Baltimore Regional Veterans Affairs Office with questions at 1-800-827-1000.

 I added/dropped classes for the term, do I need to notify anyone?

Yes, any change in credit load must be reported to our office. 

This is my first semester, being billed for out-of-state tuition, who should I contact?

Please contact Claire Keaton in University Admissions for assistance at 410-704-2379.

I have questions concerning tuition and fees, who should I contact?

Please contact the Bursar's Office for assistance at 410-704-2100.

How do I have my military credits reviewed and posted?

TU is a member of Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC). Students who have served or are currently serving in the United States military may receive college credit for basic training, military occupational specialties, and other military course work. Official documentation must be submitted. Work will be evaluated per the Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services by the American Council on Education (ACE).

Military courses and experiences are evaluated by University Admissions. To request an evaluation, contact .

Are there any resources for Veterans at Towson University?

Yes, through the Veterans Services Center. The office is located in the Psychology Building, Room 107.