Towson University is committed to supporting a safe and healthy community. At times, members of our community find themselves or others in need of additional support and assistance in order to thrive on campus.

The university’s CARE Team coordinates support resources that assist students in being successful academically and in promoting their health and well-being.

If you are concerned about the well-being of a TU community member, please contact the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs (VPSA) by calling (410) 704-2055, or by submitting the online CARE Form. In the event of an emergency, however, please call TUPD immediately at (410) 704-4444 or Baltimore County Police by dialing 911. 

Are you concerned about a student? Submit a CARE form.


You will be asked to enter in basic information about the student, how to contact you, and for a description of the incident or behaviors that prompted the referral.

Frequently Asked Questions

Who can make a referral?
Anyone who feels a student is a threat to themselves and/or the community can make a referral, including students, faculty, staff, and other community members.

What happens to the student who is referred to the CARE Team and/or the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs?
The Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs will review the information prior to bringing it to the university’s CARE Team.  The most critical step is for the concern to be sent for review so that appropriate follow up can occur with the student.  Often, the student will be asked to meet with someone from the VPSA office to gather information and to offer support and resources.  Staff members may work with the student to facilitate referrals to other departments, work with family members to assist in supporting the student, and communicate with faculty on the student’s behalf.

How do I know if this is an issue for the CARE Team or if it is more appropriately handled by other campus resources?
You do not have to make this determination. The Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs in collaboration with campus colleagues will do it for you.  Your role is to report your concerns about members of our community so we are able to follow up appropriately. 

Connecting students to Campus Resources
You are the CARE Team’s best resource because you are familiar to the student.  If you are comfortable doing so, tell the student that you are concerned and ask if he/she is okay.  Often the student will indicate they are open to getting help and it would be appropriate for you to refer them to the Counseling Center.  Referring students to the Counseling Center and the CARE Team covers all bases.

If you have questions, please contact the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs.

Division of Student Affairs
Admin Building, Suite 237
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Phone: 410-704-2055
Fax: 410-704-3441