Faculty & Staff Resources

As members of the University faculty and staff, we interact with students in many different arenas and under various conditions. The information provided below, aims to assist faculty and staff in maintaining positive relationships with their students and provides guidance on how to handle incidents involving classroom disruption or students of concern.  

SCCE - Faculty/Staff Guide to Services & Support for Students (PDF)

When should I report student behavior concerns?
Reports should be made when the instructor has made an individual attempt to rectify the behavior, but has been unsuccessful, OR for the following occurrences:

  • Repeated interruption of the classroom environment or normal university operations
  • Threats or overt acts of violence
  • Student is exhibiting erratic behavior or other mental health concerns

It is the recommendation of our office that you document any and all incidents, even those you do not intend to report. Providing more information will aid in the adjudication process, expedite resolution, and assist our office in the event that the student needs to be referred to other resources to address a mental health concern.

If you feel your safety or the safety of your class is jeopardized, contact TUPD immediately at 410-704-4444.

Additional Resources

Office Phone Location
Towson University Police (non-emergency) (410) 704-2134 120 W. Towsontown Blvd.
Student Affairs (410) 704-2055 Administrative Building
Counseling Center (410) 704-2512 Health and Counseling Centers at Ward & West
Accessibility & Disability Services (410) 704-2638 Administration Building
Health Center (410) 704-2466 Health and Counseling Centers at Ward & West