ATTENTION INCOMING STUDENTS: Please visit the Towson University CliftonStrengths website
(https://towson.gallup.com) to complete your strengths assessment. If you have any issues or questions contact
New Student and Family Programs at (410) 704-2309.
Towson University has collaborated with Gallup to provide TU students, faculty, and staff an opportunity to learn about their strengths
and how they can enhance their personal, academic, and career aspirations.
Effective leaders are aware of their talents and work to sharpen them
Developing and investing in yourself as a leader is one of the most significant and
important opportunities you will have as a student. Chances are you will have the
opportunity to lead at some point during your college career and beyond. Learning
and emerging as a leader is a process, which requires acquiring knowledge about your
talents and strengths, developing skills through practice, and being intentional in
how you use your talents.
Taking the Assessment
The CliftonStrengths assessment is online and will take approximately 35-minutes (more
time is available to accommodate all students). After you take the assessment, you
will receive a customized report that lists your top five talent themes, along with
action items for development and suggestions about how you can use your talents to
achieve personal, academic, and career success.
Students, Staff, & Faculty
- Navigate to the Towson University CliftonStrengths website.
- On the Login page, click New Account below the Register heading.
- Make sure to use your Towson University email as the username; your password does
not have to be the same one you use to access your Towson accounts
- NOTE: If you have taken the CliftonStrengths assessment before, click "Link Existing
Gallup Account" and follow the instructions provided. If you cannot access your account,
click the "Forgot username/password" link and follow the instructions on the Account
- On the Registration page, type your information in the available fields, select the
“I have read and agree …” box, and then click Create Account.
- You will receive an email confirming your registration. Click the link in the email
message to complete your registration. Once completed, you can log in to the CliftonStrengths
site using your username and password.
- Incoming students will receive an introductory presentation at orientation.
There are several CliftonStrengths sessions throughout the year. At the workshop you
will have an opportunity to learn about your top five (5) talents and how to utilize
them when you are at Towson University personally/socially, academically, and professionally.
Student Organizations, Classes, or Departments
Please complete this form. After completing the form, a Strengths Team member will follow up with you to discuss
your student organization/class presentation. The CliftonStrengths presentation will
include an introduction to Strengths and Your Talents — 60 minutes.
Why Are We Providing this Experience for Students & Staff?
Strengths-based organizations celebrate and honor each person's talents — and leverage them to build a better, more complete group. CliftonStrengths supports
students to reach greater success and engagement by helping them understand their
natural strengths to create a campus dynamic that welcomes, values, and leverages
each student's talents.
CliftonStrengths can support your success and engagement as a leader at Towson University
- Increasing your self-awareness. Effective leaders know what they do well, and they find ways to apply their talents
authentically and productively.
- Deepening your knowledge and appreciation of others' talents. As you learn more about your own talents, you will begin to see the unique talents
- Forming and maximizing teams. Understanding each team members' talents will give you new insights into how the
team can perform to its full potential.
- Helping others to affirm, develop, and apply their talents. As a leader who understands your own talents and how to apply them productively,
you can lead others to develop and apply their talents.