Residents in the Alcohol Free Communities must sign the Alcohol Free Living Agreement which outlines the following responsibilities:
- Commitment to not consume alcohol in the residence hall
- Commitment to not bring alcohol into the residence hall
- Commitment to not return to the residence hall after consuming alcohol
- Commitment to not post propaganda that promotes alcohol use
- Commitment to not bring intoxicated guests into the residence hall
- Alcohol Free Community Agreement (pdf)
- Residents who violate the Alcohol Free Living Agreement may be relocated to another space on campus.
- Current residents: Applications will be available in Spring 2017.
- New students interested in the Alcohol Free Community must complete the online housing request
process. This includes paying a $350 non-refundable housing deposit and agreeing to
the terms and conditions of the housing contract. During the online process students
will be able to identify interest in the Alcohol Free Community. Residents are selected
for the community based on the completion of the eligibility requirements listed above.
For information on the online housing request process visit:
- Request Housing
Each community will have a Resident Assistant and multiple Liaisons and Role Models. Additionally, there will be support from the Counseling Center and Housing & Residence Life.
Through the online housing request process there will be an opportunity to complete a special accommodation request.
Alcohol Free Communities exist in many of our residence halls. Room types vary. You will be in either a double or triple occupancy room.
Alcohol Free Communities were established in 1998.