Liaison- a student of sophomore+ status who is selected to be a resource to the first-year and other students in the RL community. The liaison is a leader who will help to drive the specific mission of the RL community through:
- engagement (2 events/initiatives per semester)
- mentoring (assignment of mentees to be done by RLC in collaboration with community partners)
- collaborating with RA, RLC, and partners (share information)
- role modeling in the community
- participate in ongoing leadership development series
Role Model- a student of sophomore+ status who wishes to live in an RL community regardless of if they previously lived there. While Role Models do not have specific parameters of responsibility in the way that a liaison does, their expectations include:
- role modeling in the community
- support and participation in engagement opportunities
- being a positive and active member of the community
- The RL Community Liaison/Role Model Interest Form is due on Thursday March 8, 2018.
- Those who submit an application will be notified through their TU email by Tuesday March 27, 2018 if you have been selected for your RL Community.
- For consideration of your interest, room deposits must be paid by Thursday March 15, 2018.
- Please note: If you have a request for a roommate, both residents must complete an application and request one another to be considered for roommate pairing. Please note that roommate preferences are considered, though not guaranteed.
For those interested in applying to one of the RL Communities below, please be aware of the following:
- American Sign Language Community: Residents interested in this community must meet certain sign language skills criteria.
- SAGE Community: Residents interested in this community must be selected as a SAGE mentor for placement. Contact Raft Woodus for more information at rwoodus AT_TOWSON. DO NOT COMPLETE THIS APPLICATION.
- STEM Scholars: Residents interested in this community must be majoring in a STEM field through the Fisher College of Science and Mathematics. Anyone selected for STEM Scholars will be a STEM Mentor – a student of sophomore+ status who has lived in the STEM Scholars Community as a first-year student and wishes to return as a student leader. The mentor will drive the specific mission of the RL Community through the direction of the STEM Program Director. Mentors selected for STEM Scholars must also pass the IDNM200 both semesters and have a minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Political Engagement: Any Liaison or Role Model selected who has not completed POSC 103 must enroll in the course for Fall 2018.
- Honors Community: There are no Liaisons or Role Models for the Honors Community. Those interested in living in the Honors Community will receive an email with instructions on selecting housing.
- Liaisons: exceptions will be given for students whose credits require them to move to an apartment, 30-89 credits.
- SAGE Community: To live in the SAGE Community as a sophomore+ student you must be selected as a SAGE Mentor. SAGE Mentors will be selected by the SAGE Program. Exceptions will be given for students whose credits require them to move to an apartment, 30-89 credits. Students 90 credits and above at the end of Fall 2017 may return as long as they are continuing for the full academic year.
- STEM Scholars: Exceptions will be given for students whose credits require them to move to an apartment, 30-89 credits. Students 90 credits and above at the end of Fall 2017 may return as long as they are continuing for the full academic year.
- No credit exceptions will be made for Role Models.
Things to know before you apply:
Applicants will be asked to respond to the following 2 questions:
- Please provide a detailed explanation of why you want to live in or return to this Residential Learning Community.
- How will you serve as a positive role model in this community?
Applicants interested in the liaison role will complete the application and also submit a 3-5 minute video. An email will be sent to you with instructions on how to submit the video and its requirements. Videos are due by March 15, 2018.
Process opens February 14, 2018