The Department of Housing and Residence Life hires student workers to work in various
offices within the department. Job responsibilities will vary with the supervisor
and may include answering the phone, filing, computer input, stuffing envelopes, assisting
with projects, scheduling appointments, etc.
When jobs are available, flyers will be posted and applications will be available
in Housing & Residence Life, West Village Commons(Room 309).
The Housing & Residence Life Office is currently accepting applications for office
assistants. Completed applications and resumes (which are helpful, but not required),
should be brought to the HRL office in West Village Commons, room 309. Applications
will be accepted until Friday, February 21st.Housing & Residence Life is no longer
accepting applications for the Office Assistant position.
Student Facilities Assistant
Requirements and General Information:
- Duties primarily involve the moving, storage, assembly and installation of residence
hall furniture .
- Position requires a great deal of walking, lifting, bending and carrying, so individuals
must be able to meet these physical requirements
- Starting rate of pay is $9.50 per hour.
- Positions are open to both male and female applicants
If applying for the FALL or SPRING Semesters:
- Application can be submitted at any time during the year
- Applications will only be maintained on file for the semester in which you are applying,
because your class schedule and/or availability will vary semester-to-semester
- Must be currently enrolled at Towson University as a full-time student (enrolled in
a minimum of 12 credit hours)
- Per Univ policy, during the Fall and Spring semesters, on-campus employment for students
is limited to a maximum of 20-hours per week
- Various work shifts are available between 8:00 am – 3:30 pm, Mon – Fri, with consideration
given to students who can minimally work 2 or more consecutive hours
- Apply Here (application is currently down)
If applying for the SUMMER 2015 term:
- 8 - 10 students will be hired to supplement current and returning HRL SFA’s that will
be working this summer.
- Applications for summer employment are now being accepted.
- Interviewing will only continue until all vacancies are filled.
- Summer employment dates are May 26th – August 21st.
- You are not required to be enrolled in any summer classes to work during the summer.
However, you must be enrolled at Towson University during the Spring ’15 semester,
as a full-time student, taking a minimum of 12 credit hours.
- Summer work shifts are 7:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday – Friday. This 9-hr shift includes
a 1-hour unpaid lunch break – making it an 8-hour workday.
- Summer employment ideally encompasses a 40-hour per week commitment, per the hours
stated above. While applications for those desiring only a part-time work may, in
rare cases, be considered – applicants able to work full-time shifts are given first
priority and consideration.
- Although not required to accept it, free summer housing in a shared residence hall
room is offered while employed during the summer. Please note, this is just a housing
offer. Meals are NOT included.
- Click the “Apply Here” link below to download and print the PDF of the summer job
application and submit it to the HRL Main Office, located in West Village Commons,
- Apply Here (application is currently not available)
If you have questions or desire additional information, please contact:
Housing Facilities Manager
Housing & Residence Life