Blackboard is Towson's online learning management system which allows you to connect with students
outside the physical classroom. It can be used to distribute files such as syllabi,
to collect and grade assignments or to hold discussion forums and generate tests.
Student Computing Services (SCS)
SCS is a multifaceted technology support service available to all Towson University students.
SCS is located on the first floor of Cook Library, room 35. Students can contact SCS
by phone at 410-704-5151, email at scs AT_TOWSON, web chat at www.towson.edu/scs, text messaging at 410-324-7271, and in-person at CK 35 and TR 123. Services offered
- Service Desk provides technical support and troubleshooting assistance to students experiencing
problems or seeking technology advice.
- The Computer Lab offers 54 PCs, 10 iMacs, and pay-for-print services, with on-site support staff.
- Multimedia Support Services offers training and consultations, three studios for media production and presentation
rehearsal, and large format (poster) printing.
- Emerging Technology Support Services offers 3D printing and extended (VR/AR/MR) reality access.
- Equipment Loans gives students, faculty and staff access to digital cameras, audio recorders, and
- Scantron Test Scoring
OTS Training offers free workshops to faculty, staff and students on a variety of
topics as well as customized and one-on-one trainings. OTS Training provides self-help
training and offers an extensive online library of video tutorials. Services include:
- Free Workshops are available on a variety of topics. Register for a workshop.
- Self-Help and Video Tutorials provide access to more than 150 self-help documents and over 140 videos which guide you through the different features of various software applications and
Towson University systems.
- Customized and one on one sessions are available - We will bring the training to your department or offer one-hour, one-on-one training sessions on a specific
- LinkedIn Learning is an extensive online software training tutorial video library. This video collection
is available 24/7 and offers thousands of videos on software, business and creative
- Technical support and training for Webex , an online web-conferencing application.
- Panopto is an easy to use and flexible instructional recording package (lecture capture).
This technology can help faculty connect and engage with students online and outside
Client Services serves faculty and staff through telephone, Remote Control Access,
walk-in and on-site support. Located in Cook Library, Room 29, Client Services can
be reached at 410-704-5151. Services include:
- The OTS Faculty/Staff Help Center, which offers support for general computing, networking, and accounts through walk-in
service, remote access, or on-site appointments.
- Technology in the classroom, including resources on what is available and how to use it.
- Design and planning services for Classroom Technology projects (new construction and renovations). Helps support SMART Classrooms in cooperation
with colleges and departments.
- Software and hardware service, managing of computer purchases and assisting with the integration of hardware (printers,
scanners, laptop computers, smartphones, iPads and other mobile devices).
New Faculty Orientation Handouts
Technology Workshop Offerings for Full Time Faculty (8/19/19)
Technology Workshop Offerings for Adjunct Faculty (8/21/19)
Blackboard Faculty Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
Getting Started at TU Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
Forms Solution Flyer (PDF)
Office 365: The Basics (PDF)
OTS Training Brochure (PDF)
SCS Brochure (PDF)
Technology Services & Support for Adjunct Faculty (PDF)
Technology Services & Support for New Faculty (PDF)
PeopleSoft: Login and Access Class Roster – One Page Graphic (PDF)
PeopleSoft: Login and Access Class Roster – Six Page Guide (PDF)
PeopleSoft: Login and Access Class Roster – One Page Graphic for MyTU Mobile (PDF)
PeopleSoft: Login and Access Class Roster – Four Page Guide for MyTU Mobile (PDF)
PeopleSoft: Add-Drop During Change of Schedule – One Page Graphic (PDF)
PeopleSoft: Add-Drop During Change of Schedule – Four Page Guide (PDF)
PeopleSoft: Class Catalog Search – One Page Graphic (PDF)
PeopleSoft: Class Catalog Search – Eight Page Guide (PDF)
PeopleSoft: Class Catalog Search – One Page Graphic for MyTU Mobile (PDF)
PeopleSoft: Class Catalog Search – Eight Page Guide for MyTU Mobile (PDF)
New Faculty Orientation Video Series
These videos highlight the key services offered by Blackboard, OTS Training, Client
Services and Peoplesoft.
This video covers accessing Blackboard and your Blackboard course, using Qwickly to make your
course available to students and how to receive technical support. Blackboard Orientation
Video presented by Aimee Green, Blackboard Administrator
This video covers the services and resources available through OTS Training and Student Computer
Services. Various technologies will be introduced including: Outlook, Webex, Panopto,
Office 365 and Wordpress. OTS Training Orientation Video presented by Cyndi Caravello,
Manager of OTS Training.
This video covers the services provided by Client Services. Topics include: Faculty Staff Help
Center, Classroom and Computer Lab Technologies, Lynda.com, EduCycle and the TechHelp
system. Client Services Orientation Video presented by Kate Scanlan, Manager of Client
Peoplesoft - Logging In and Viewing
This video covers how to log in to Peoplesoft, view your schedule view and download a class
roster, and how to email students in your class. Peoplesoft Orientation Video presented
by Brooke Basta, Curriculum Catalog Coordinator
Peoplesoft - Add/Drop
This video covers the add/drop period during change of schedule, the waitlist, class swap and
enrollment permissions. Peoplesoft Orientation Video presented by Brooke Basta, Curriculum
Peoplesoft - Course Catalog Search
This video covers how to use the class and catalog search in Peoplesoft. Peoplesoft Orientation
Video presented by Brooke Basta, Curriculum Catalog Coordinator