Military Call-Up Procedures

American Flag

If you are activated or reactivated during the semester, Towson University will work with you to make the transition seamless.

There is no longer an official withdrawal form, however, students who are called to active military service should contact Veterans Affairs, Enrollment Services, Room 233, 410-704-3094, to inform them of their call to service and to submit a copy of their active duty orders.

Students called to active duty will be given a choice of full refund or credit of tuition and fees for future charges when they return from active duty. Students will be given an official readmission form to expedite their return. Readmission forms can be pre-marked “Called to Active Duty” to facilitate the process upon return to the university.

Students who wish to receive Incomplete Grades (I) for courses must make arrangements with their instructors. Incompletes will not be given automatically. Faculty members may determine whether an Incomplete Grade is appropriate by considering such factors as student performance, mode of instruction, amount of course work remaining, etc. Instructors should also keep in mind that students may need more than one term to complete the work depending on the length of active military service and their return to the university. Students who receive Incomplete Grades in courses will not receive refunds for those courses. If they receive Incompletes for some courses and withdraw from others, their accounts will be adjusted for those courses from which they have officially withdrawn. Students will be billed tuition and fees by unit for any remaining courses.

Undergraduate Readmission

Upon your return, Towson veterans seeking readmission should complete the Request for Re-Enrollment Form. This application is for admitted degree-seeking students who attended and received grades (including W grades) for at least one fall or spring term and subsequently missed one fall/spring or longer. Students who completed a bachelor's degree upon their last attendance at Towson or another college are not readmitting students.

If you have attended another college since last at Towson, an official (sealed envelope) transcript is required to review your application. Students are encouraged to apply early for the term they wish to return to TU, especially if they are interested in applying for financial aid or on-campus housing. You will be notified by mail of a readmission decision. Contact the Office of the Registrar/Readmission, Enrollment Services, Room 235, 410-704-2007, if you have questions.

Undergraduate Readmission Application Deadlines

Fall processing begins mid-February with an August 1 deadline.
Spring processing begins mid-September with a December 1 deadline.