Listed below are fellowships offered through Towson University. We also post information about external scholarships here, along with application deadlines.
Office of Graduate Studies Terminal Degree Fellowships – Apply by March 27
The Terminal Degree Fellowship program is designed to cultivate excellence and diversity among graduate students at Towson University. Awards are made on the basis of academic merit and/or depth of professional experience. Detailed information may be obtained by calling the Dean's Office, 410-704-2078. See Related Links for Guidelines and Application.
The Office of Graduate Studies is committed to supporting students enrolled in terminal degree programs, including doctoral and Master of Fine Arts programs, at Towson University.
Alumni Association Graduate Fellowship – Apply by May 1
The purpose of the Alumni Association Graduate Fellowship is to recognize, encourage and reward graduate students who demonstrate the highest levels of academic and personal achievement and have the potential to become active alumni who will support Towson University and contribute to their communities.
One scholarship for $1,000 will be awarded annually. Contact the TU Alumni Association for more information about the award.
Other Scholarship Opportunities:
- The American Psychological Foundation’s annual Violet and Cyril Franks Scholarship supports graduate-level scholarly projects that use psychology to help understand
and reduce stigma associated with mental illness. The $5,000 scholarship is intended
to support research which shows that stigma is a significant barrier to treatment
and recovery for many of the fifty million Americans living with mental illness.
To be eligible, applicants must be a full-time graduate student in good standing at an accredited university and have demonstrated commitment to stigma issues.
- National Academics of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine Fellowship Awards Prior to applying, prospective applicants must contact Research Associateship Programs (email@example.com) to discuss your research interests.
- Ford Foundation Fellowship Programs
- Private Scholarships A wide variety of private organizations, businesses and foundations
- AAUW International Fellowships