So you've been accepted... Congratulations! Are you ready for the next steps? If this
is your first time on our site please visit the Getting Started page.
Before You Leave
- Complete the Study Abroad Course Form (PDF) prior to departure.
- Watch a video for instructions on how to complete the Study Abroad Course Form.
- Review the Course Database for any pre-approved course equations.
- Meet with your Academic Adviser for assistance in selecting TU courses for the semester
following study abroad.
- Attend the mandatory Study Abroad pre-departure orientation.
- Review the pre-departure guide for your program:
General Study Abroad Orientation Manual (PDF)
- Faculty-led Study Abroad Orientation Manual (PDF)
- Complete your Post-Acceptance Information in Horizons by the specified deadlines.
- Are you using Financial Aid? Request a Study Abroad Budget from your Study Abroad
Adviser and schedule an appointment with a TU Financial Aid Office to discuss your
- Do you live in University housing at TU? Submit a written cancellation request to housing AT_TOWSON and ask your Study Abroad Adviser to submit a Housing Release Request to HRL.
- Are you a senior? Check graduation deadlines and, if necessary, submit your application
prior to departure.
While You're Away
- Notify a Study Abroad Adviser of your arrival by e-mail.
- Get courses equated from abroad as needed - email your Study Abroad Advisor for instructions. For
a copy of your Study Abroad Course Form, access your Horizons application.
- Register for classes for the semester of your return online using TU's Online registration
- Contact the records office at your university overseas or program and make sure that
an official transcript is forwarded as soon as possible to:
Study Abroad Office
Psychology Building, Rm. #408
8000 York Road
Towson, MD 21252, U.S.A.
Attn.: [Study Abroad Adviser]
- Contact the Financial Aid Office, if necessary, to ascertain needs for the coming
- Arrange housing for the semester of your return.