Faculty, staff, and academic advisers play an integral role in the study abroad experience. The Study Abroad Office aims to provide faculty and academic advisers with useful resources and information to aid them in working with the TU student population.
Feel free to browse our resources on advising and faculty-led programs and contact us with any questions at studyabroad AT_TOWSON.
- Academic Advising for Study Abroad
- Request a classroom presentation
- Study Abroad Course Equivalency Database
- TU Faculty-Led Study Abroad Programs
Faculty Committee on Study Abroad
The Faculty Committee on Study Abroad serves as an oversight and advisory body for the Study Abroad Office. Functions of the Committee include:
- Work with the staff of the Study Abroad Office to develop and implement academic policies and procedures related to study abroad
- Review student petitions to participate in non-TU affiliated study abroad programs
- Evaluate proposals by TU faculty for faculty-led study abroad programs
- Identify ways to implement the goals and action items pertaining to study abroad outlined in the TU International Strategic Plan
- Review Study Abroad scholarship applications (TU scholarships, Boren Scholarships, etc.)
The Director for Study Abroad, the Director of the International Studies Program (or their designee), and a representative from the Foreign languages Department are standing members of the Committee. Other members of the Committee represent all seven undergraduate colleges of Towson University. The Committee is facilitated by one staff co-chair (Director for Study Abroad) and one faculty co-chair. Members normally serve a three-year term, but may extend their tenure in the interest of maintaining balanced college/departmental representation on the Committee.
Meetings of the Committee are normally held twice each semester during the academic year, and can be called as needed.
|Durington, Matthew||International Studies|
|Colleen Ebacher (Co-chair)||Foreign Languages|
|Sarah Haines||Biological Sciences|
|Michelle Manasse||Sociology, Anthropology, and Criminal Justice|
|Alison McCartney||Honors College|
|Steve Mogge||Elementary Education|
|Sandy Nichols||Mass Communication and Communication Studies|
|Liz Shearer (Co-chair)||Study Abroad|
|Rod Stump||Accounting / Marketing|