Towson University has collaborated with Gallup to provide TU students an opportunity to learn about their strengths and how they can enhance their personal and academic aspirations.
Effective leaders are aware of their talents and work to sharpen them.
Developing as a leader might be one of the most significant and important opportunities you will have as a student. Chances are you will have the opportunity to lead at some point in your life. Learning and emerging as a leader is a process that takes knowledge, skills and practice, and it requires you to be intentional in how you use your talents.
Taking the Assessment
The StrengthsQuest assessment is online and will take approximately 35-minutes (more time is available to accommodate all students). After you take the Clifton StrengthsFinder, you will receive a customized report that lists your top five talent themes, along with action items for development and suggestions about how you can use your talents to achieve academic, career, and personal success.
- Navigate to the StrengthsQuest OS website.
- On the Login page, click New Account below the Register heading. NOTE: If you have taken the Clifton StrengthsFinder assessment before, click Link Existing Gallup Account and follow the instructions provided. If you cannot access your account, click the Forgot username/password link and follow the instructions on the Account Assistance page.
- On the Registration page, type your information in the available fields, select the “I have read and agree …” box, and then click Create Account.
- You will receive an email confirming your registration. Click the link in the email message to complete your registration. Once completed, you can log in to the StrengthsQuest site using your username and password.
- Incoming students will receive an introductory presentation at orientation.
There are several StrengthsQuest Talent Identification sessions throughout the year. Please view the calendar for dates/times. At the workshop you will have an opportunity to learn about your top five (5) strengths and how to utilize them when you are at Towson University academically, personally/socially, and professionally.
Student Organizations, Classes, or Departments
Please complete this form. After completing the form, a Strengths Team member will follow up with you to discuss your student organization/class presentation. The StrengthsQuest presentation will include an introduction to Strengths & Your Talents – 60 minutes.
Why are we providing this experience for students?
Strengths-based organizations celebrate and honor each person's talents -- and leverage them to build a better, more complete group. StrengthsQuest supports students to reach greater success and engagement by helping them understand their natural strengths to create a campus dynamic that welcomes, values, and leverages each student's talents.
StrengthsQuest can support your success and engagement as a leader at Towson University by:
- Increasing your self-awareness. Effective leaders know what they do well, and they find ways to apply their talents authentically and productively.
- Deepening your knowledge and appreciation of others' talents. As you learn more about your own talents, you will begin to see the unique talents in others.
- Forming and maximizing teams. Understanding each team members' talents will give you new insights into how the team can perform to its full potential.
- Helping others to affirm, develop, and apply their talents. As a leader who understands your own talents and how to apply them productively, you can lead others to develop and apply their talents.