Get ready to take the educational journey of a lifetime! Join the hundreds of TU students who study abroad each year -- for a summer, Minimester, Spring Break, semester or full academic year. You will acquire cross-cultural skills, observe how your academic field is studied and practiced elsewhere, and enhance your prospects in today’s dynamic work world.
How Do I Get Started?
Top Five Frequently Asked Questions
- Where can I go? Programs are offered worldwide in more than 60 countries. View the full list of approved programs.
- When can I study abroad? Opportunities are available in the spring, fall, summer, Minimester, and academic year. Students interested in studying abroad for a semester or more must complete 30 credits prior to departure while faculty-led programs are open to everyone! You may study abroad in your final year or semester at TU and there are options for both undergraduate and graduate students.
- What classes can I take? You may take courses toward your major, minor, core, or electives.
- How much does it cost? Costs vary depending on the program you choose and length of stay. Exchanges cost the same as tuition for a semester and/or year at Towson University (excluding travel).
- Can I use scholarships or financial aid to pay for study abroad? Yes! Check our Financial Aid and Scholarships section for more information.