The Department of Dance is a center of excellence in dance education and artistry.
Towson offers professional dance training within the context of a comprehensive liberal
arts education. Majors experience rigorous preparation to dance and create dance at
all ages and stages of life—in professional companies, as educators and as arts advocates.
Find out more about the advantages of studying dance at Towson University. Watch this video and see us perform:
The department offers students:
- small classes taught by nationally recognized faculty who are dedicated teachers, mentors and active professionals
- the only B.F.A. in dance performance and choreography in the Maryland State higher education system
- state-of-the-art facilities, including four large, well-equipped dance studios, and two performance spaces
- performance and choreography opportunities as part of the TU Dance Company, dance repertory classes, senior projects, end of semester concerts, outreach programs and special invitations
- guest artist programs
- diversity of experiences in styles, philosophies and perspectives
- internship opportunities
- a variety of courses for non-majors, including ballet, modern, tap, jazz and aerial
Take a Tour
Visit Our Facilities
Meet faculty and current students. Get all your questions answered. Spring and Summer 2017 Dance Tour dates are on Mondays: May 1, June 5, July 10, and August 7 at 10:00am. To reserve your spot on a tour, contact Sidney Pink at spink AT_TOWSON.