The Department of Music offers a comprehensive program that includes both undergraduate and graduate studies. Committed to providing a sound liberal arts and sciences education to a diverse student population, the department offers a broad range of musical opportunities to majors, minors, and non-majors in a learning environment supported by an excellent and diverse faculty.
- Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Science in Music
- Bachelor of Science in Music Education
- Master of Music
- Master of Science in Music Education
The department stresses the development of musical, communication, and technological skills, creativity, artistry, intellectual curiosity, and teacher preparation through instruction, performance, and original work encompassing Western art music, jazz and related popular styles, and music of other cultures.
As one of six departments in the College of Fine Arts and Communication, the Department of Music strongly encourages the interaction of the arts. It enriches the cultural life of the region through its scholarship; concerts by students, faculty, and distinguished guests; and lectures and other public presentations.
The Department of Music and Towson University is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation, and the Maryland State Department of Education.
Information for Prospective Students
- Undergraduate Admission and Audition Information
- Graduate Admission Information (M.S. in Music Education)
- Graduate Admission Information (M.M. in Music Performance / Composition)
- Experience the Department of Music by Scheduling a Visit