The Jess & Mildred Fisher College of Science and Mathematics offers two scholarships for full-time, incoming freshmen who are committed to major in one of the programs housed in the Fisher College: the Jess Fisher FCSM Scholarship and the Jess Fisher Pre-Engineering Scholarship. These scholarships provide full payment of in-state tuition and all associated fees. These scholarships are renewable for a period of up to four years as long as the student remains a major in the Fisher College. The application deadline for the 2016–2017 scholarship has passed, but please check back during the Fall 2017 term for information concerning the 2018–2019 scholarships. For your information, application forms and additional information about each scholarship that were used for the 2017–2018 academic year are provided below.
In addition to applying for these scholarships, students must apply and be admitted to Towson University. Admission information for incoming freshman applicants is found at the
Recipients of the Fisher Scholarships receive the following additional benefits.
- Encourage admission into the Honors College at Towson University (application required)
- Undergraduate research opportunities, conducting research projects with faculty in the Fisher College of Science and Mathematics
- A personal faculty mentor who will guide the academic pursuits of the Fisher Scholar throughout his or her undergraduate career
- Opportunities to pursue internships in business, industry and government agencies
- Opportunities to study abroad
The following forms are in Adobe Acrobat Reader format:
- Scholarship Application Form [ for both Jess Fisher Scholarships ] (PDF)
- Teacher Recommendation Form (PDF)
For additional information, contact:
Fisher College of Science and Mathematics
Smith Hall, Room 312