Applicants must hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university*
with a grade point average of 3.00 or higher. A minimum GPA of 2.75 is required for
conditional admission. *See Exceptions to Policy in Graduate Admissions.
We accept a cohort of students every other year. Next cycle starts in fall, 2018. Priority
will be given to students whose application and materials have been received by March
Candidates are screened by both the M.F.A. program and by University Admissions.
- A graduate school application with required fee
- Official transcripts from every college or university attended
- A personal artistic statement outlining the candidate's goals as a theatre artist
and the specific relevance of the M.F.A. program at Towson to the candidate's objectives
- A current professional resume
- Selected slides, photographs, video, DVD reviews, papers, scripts or other supporting
materials in multiple artistic disciplines
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can speak to the applicant's
talent, scholarship, collaborative skills and ability to thrive in a self-directed
program (hard copies or online recommendations accepted)
- A list of at least three other references, with telephone numbers, whom the department
may contact for additional evaluations.
An interview may be granted at the discretion of M.F.A. faculty following initial
* Non-immigrant international students: See additional admission information in International Graduate Admissions
* For any financial information, please visit the following pages: tuition and expenses, financial education.