The Towson University Professional Leadership Program for Women attracts leaders from across industry, government, and nonprofit sectors serving in a wide array of capacities within their organizations.
The Towson University Professional Leadership Program for Women is a trusted resource, used by many of Greater Baltimore’s leading organizations to develop rising female leaders. 14 top employers have sent women at least two years, many every year.
Our program runs February through May and is divided into eight full-day sessions that take place at Towson University. Over four months, participants gain new insights, added self-confidence, and the capacity to immediately impact their organizations and communities in powerful, positive ways.
Program curriculum begins with the individual and emanates outward. Each session has a specific focus but relates to four overarching themes.
- Leading from the inside out—Enhance self-awareness and ability to speak from values and vision
- Leading through collaboration—Explore ways to collaborate as a leader with a focus on results
- Leading in a dynamic environment—Take on the challenges of change with power and confidence
- Using your leadership voice—Galvanize and engage others to achieve positive outcomes
Over the course of the program, participants engage in workshops, custom training, interactive engagements, presentations, assignments and peer feedback.
- Speaking powerfully—Each participant develops a one-minute leadership story that conveys her professional values, her alignment to her organization's purpose, and her commitment to a result that will galvanize others toward achievement of an amazing result.
- 1-on-1 coaching—During 1-on-1 coaching sessions with program leader Kathleen Case, participants explore curriculum application, gain guidance on individual workplace situations, and enhance the development of their individual leadership voice and style.
- Golf education and experience—Participants receive orientation and tips for participating with confidence in corporate and charity golf outings, explore their own potential interest through hands-on mini-clinics, and, if already golfers, play on one of the best courses in the area.
- Mentor connections panel—A panel of mentors provides insights and encouragement to engage a mentor (male or female) as a success strategy for individual development and career advancement.
- Engagement with senior organizational leaders—Participants hear personal leadership stories from diverse thought leaders that include Program Ambassador Nancy Grasmick and senior leaders from some of Baltimore’s most-respected companies and nonprofits. Nationally known authors bring their skills-building workshops to expand skills and self-awareness.
- Networking opportunities—Our program includes several opportunities, outside the classroom, to network with fellow participants as well as our network of alumnae, sponsors and program partners.
- Graduation celebration—The program culminates in a graduation ceremony when participants share their leadership stories with colleagues, employers, friends and family.