A professional development program for senior Towson faculty and staff that fosters personal development, interdisciplinary collaborations and a strong connection to the campus community.
Established in 1996, the President's Leadership Institute offers intensive, year-long leadership programs for faculty, department chairs and administrative staff.
- Interdisciplinary faculty and staff interaction, leadership concepts and experiences, and interaction with leaders on and off campus.
- Each class begins and ends its program with off-campus retreats and participates in one full-day session each month throughout the academic year.
- Leadership Institute members commit their time, energy, ideas and enthusiasm to the program and come away with leadership skills, expanded university contacts and friends that last a lifetime.
- Faculty and staff members are selected to participate in the program each year through
their respected Deans or Vice Presidents.
- Faculty classes are comprised of between 20-25 members and run from October until April.
- Staff classes are comprised of between 20-25 members and run from October until June.
- Teamwork and bonding take place during the challenging case studies and discussions. But it isn't all work! Current members join with program alumni for networking lunches, athletic games and volunteer projects. The President's Leadership Institute enables faculty and staff to forge a strong connection to Towson University, their co-workers, and all the communities we serve as an institution.
- Membership in the President's Leadership LinkedIn group is open to all institute alumni- faculty, staff, and student mentors.
- Alumni networking lunch
- Art Events
- Breakfast and lunch with the President
- Sporting events with current class and alumni
- Volunteer projects
Past Staff Class ProjectS
Transfer Mentor Program- Staff Class of 2012
- The President's Leadership Institute has the Transfer Mentor Program that connects Towson University students with staff mentors during the academic year.
- The goals are of the program are:
- Enhance connections to campus
- Facilitate a supportive and professional network
- Improve leadership skills
Service Celebration- Staff Class of 2013
- The mission of developing Service Celebration was to increase employee morale and pride in Towson, expand Towson's impact beyond the campus and into the community, and help other communities and organizations thrive and succeed.
- The policy development to allow employees time throughout the year to go and volunteer to help the greater good. Examples of volunteer hours include soup kitchen, animal shelters,
Tiger Trails- Staff Class of 2014
- Tiger Trails is a series of walking and running trails located throughout the Towson University campus that promotes fitness and pride among staff, faculty, students, alumni, and community groups. Most trails begin near Burdick Hall.
TU Quotables- Staff Class of 2015
- The staff class of 2015 developed a database of quotes to use for marketing material throughout the university.
Students with Food Insecurity Support Program- Staff Class 2016
- The purpose of this fund is to provide immediate financial assistance to students that are deemed to have food insecurities at Towson University.
- Food insecurity is defined by the United States Department of Agriculture as a state in which "consistent access to adequate food is limited by a lack of money and other resources at times during the year". In an effort to keep anonymity of students in need, financial assistance will be placed on a student's OneCard so they are able to immediately purchase a meal at one of TU's dining halls.
Current Faculty and Staff Class
Full Professor-Faculty Class of 2017
|Carol Caronna||Sociology, Antrhopology, and Criminal Justice|
|Isabel Castro-Vazquez||Foreign Languages|
|Heidi Feng||Computer and Information Sciences|
|Sarah Haines||Biological Sciences|
|Catherine Horta- Hayden||Dance|
|Mubina Kirmani||Early Childhood Education|
|Qing Li||Education Technology and Literacy|
|Mark Pellowksi||Audiology, Speech-Language Pathology, and Deaf Studies|
|Steven Satta||Theatre Arts|
|Jung-Sook Lee||Mass Communications and Communication Studies|
Staff Class of 2017
|Mahnoor Ahmed||Center for Student Diversity|
|Vasu Bhatt||Management Advisory and Compliance Services|
|Erika Carlson-Hiles||Academic Policy and Graduation|
|Lisa Egan (Taylor)||Facilities Management|
|Sarah Fike||University Child Care Center|
|Matt Goldstein||Health Center|
|Kristen Hughes||University Enrollment Marketing|
|Theresa Jenkins||CLA, Technology/Facilities & Events|
|Lisa Michocki||CBE, Student Academic and Career Services|
|Jenna Mills||Alumni Relations|
|Christina Olstad||Student Affairs|
|Dorothy Race||Institutional Research|
|Sharlene Roberson||FCSM, STEM Program|
|Patrick Rohe||OTS, Enterprise and Infrastructure Services|
|Bailey Susic||Center for Professional Studies|
|Patricia Watson||Facilities Management, Planning|