The university's online curriculum management system is transparent and easy-to-use. Once a proposal for a new or changed course or program is started in the system, it can be tracked in CIM by anyone. It will also automatically appear in Towson University's next catalog, but only proposals that are fully approved by the catalog deadline will be published. Towson's online catalog (CAT) is fully integrated with CIM.
- Guide to Curriculum Management (CIM)
- Guide to Enforced Prerequisites in (CIM)
- Guide to editing Curriculum Programs (CIM)
- Guide to editing Next Catalog (CAT)
tip - proposing a course change
Your Course Changes May Affect Other Departments
At the bottom of every CIM course page, there is a list of each catalog page, course or program that will be affected by your proposed change.
So the next time you want to change a course, before you open to edit scroll down to see who is affected by your change. These are the Departments you should notify and the catalog pages you will need to modify.
All curriculum changes must be submitted electronically using CIM.
- Access CIM for Programs
- Access CIM for Courses
- Access CIM for Approvals (Committee Chairs and Department Chairs)
Access to next catalog.
To access reports, you must login to CIM.
- Change the URL from "courseadmin" to "courseleaf", hit enter, this will bring you to the console
- Scroll down to CIM and select Course Admin or Program Admin Report
- Once in the Program Admin or Course Admin Report, you can click the arrow (top right) to switch to either one.
- Generating an Agenda Report
- Sample Agenda
Resources and Support
- Letter of Intent
- Program Templates
- Glossary - Course Component Definitions
|Suzanne Hill||CIM Courses||sahill AT_TOWSON||410-704-4347|
|Sara Sides||CIM Programs||ssides AT_TOWSON||410-704-3694|
|Laura Brown||Catalog Editing||llbrown AT_TOWSON||410-704-6710|
Curriculum Committee Meetings
Meetings are held September through May.
|University Curriculum||Second Monday of the month at 3:30 p.m. in Cook Library, Towson Room|
|Course Approval Reporting Committee||First Wednesday of the month at 10:30 a.m. in LA|
|Core Curriculum Reporting Committee||First & third Thursday of the month at 9:00 a.m. in LA|
|Graduate Studies||Second Friday of the month at 1:00 p.m. in PSYC204|
College Curriculum Committee Meetings
|College of Business & Economics|
|College of Education||Second Monday of the month|
|College of Fine Arts & Communication||First Friday of the month at 1:00 p.m. in CA|
|College of Health Professions||Second Friday of the month at 12:00 p.m. in LI 118|
|College of Liberal Arts||First Thursday of the month at 3:30 p.m. in LA2214|
|Fisher College of Science & Mathematics|