The Office of Technology Services (OTS) Faculty/Staff Help Center is the primary point-of-contact for computing questions and technology issue resolution for Towson University faculty and staff. If you are a student, please contact Student Computing Services for assistance.
The Faculty/Staff Help Center can resolve over 60 percent of the problems and issues during the first telephone call. When necessary, the staff will arrange for an office visit by a technician using our Triage and Service prioritization (PDF).
Telephone Support (Including Remote Control Assistance for Campus Computers)
410-704-5151, follow the voice menu options
Fall and Spring Semester Hours
Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
January and Summer Hours
Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
After Hours All Year
Assistance is available nights, weekends and holidays through our support partner whenever the campus Faculty/Staff Help Center is closed. Please listen to the recorded information for instructions when calling after hours. FAQs (PDF).
Information on frequently requested topics:
- Faculty/Staff Net IDs and Email
- Suspicious email and phishing
- Configuring your Smartphone for Towson email
- Request Temporary Computer Administrator rights (TCAR)
- Technology Services & Support for New Faculty: What's the Same at TU? What's Different? (PDF)
- Technology Services & Support for Adjunct Faculty: A Guide to Resources and Services (PDF)
- Towson Data: Storage and Sharing Options Chart (PDF)
- Audiovisual and Computer Technology in Classroom and Computer labs
- Support for Laptops, Tablets and Smartphones
- Towson Online Services How To's: PeopleSoft Financials
- Campus Solutions
Walk-In Assistance is available for account-related issues and configuring personal mobile devices to access Towson resources.
Remote Control Assistance
OTS, with your permission, can view your desktop or take control of your computer to fix problems, install software or demonstrate a process. This service is available for computers connected to TU's wired network (currently not available over wireless networks).
On-Site Technical Support
Issues that are can't be resolved by phone are assigned within one hour to a technician who will contact you within four business hours to schedule an appointment. We operate out of three campus precinct offices for rapid response.
OTS Faculty/Staff Help Center