The Career Center celebrates and appreciates students from all countries and cultures and is committed to developing, empowering and preparing all students to achieve their unique professional goals.
There are circumstances under which international students are allowed to work in the United States during and after their time as Towson University students:
- Student Employment On-Campus (F-1 Visa and J-1 Visa)
- Curricular Practical Training (Undergraduate F-1, Graduate F-1 and J-1 Visa holders)
- Optional Practical Training
Be sure to check with the International Student and Scholar Office (ISSO) website for the most up-to-date forms and information.
We suggest that you start your job search early, and be prepared to devote extensive time to it. Learn everything you can about the Curricular Practical Training (CPT) and Optional Practical Training (OPT) processes as you may find that you will need to explain the process to an employer. You also can ask an employer to consult with the staff at ISSO for more information about the process.
A resource for students and recent alumni looking for international experiences, including international students looking to work in the U.S. This platform includes a searchable H1B Plus database.Explore Going Global
- Glassdoor – Search jobs, employee reviews, and salary for multiple countries worldwide
- International Student Job Center
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services